Skip to content
- Contact folks you know that have managed remote teams or projects before. Ask for their advice.
- Search Google, read some articles.
- Consider what has worked in-person, and whether or not it might also work remotely.
- Study up on your team: make a spreadsheet, learn something about everyone
- Lurk your team’s internal communications: how do people interact?
- Work to find clearly defined goals, even if you define them yourself
- Create a rough time management structure for yourself ahead of time; be flexible with it, but ensure things are working for you
- Ease into it; take some time to get used to the new role. No need to go in guns blazing, right?