Skip to content
- Get involved in organizations you honestly care about, athletic, local, political, culinary, whatever.
- Snoop around on LinkedIn, get a feel for who is doing something today that you’d like to be doing in 5 years, 10 years down the road.
- Read lots of books. Check out the books mentioned in those books.
- If you’re invited to do something, and don’t have something else to do, accept the invitation.
- Create value for others that is not valuable for you personally. Create connections and bring people together.
- Be nice to everyone you meet.
- Go to events, workshops and lectures, alone if you have to.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your friends and colleagues for introductions, especially if you’re following #5 and #6 above.